Borrowers must meet the following criteria:
- Must be either Jewish themselves or be a member of a Jewish household, which is defined as having at least one Jewish adult in that household
- Must have established local residency in the St. Louis metropolitan or surrounding areas for at least 12 months. College students and/or other individuals who have permanent residencies elsewhere are not eligible for a loan and they should apply to a Jewish free loan program in their home state.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must demonstrate an ability to repay the loan
- Preference for applicants to complete an ACH authorization form so that monthly loan repayments are withdrawn directly from their bank account on the 15th of the month
- Must provide ONE Guarantor who can demonstrate an ability to repay their loan if they default on their loan
- May not currently have an outstanding loan balance with STLJLA
- May not have previously defaulted on a STLJLA loan, either as a Borrower or Guarantor
- Must be willing to undergo a credit check as part of the vetting process
If you (or your Guarantor) meet some but not all the criteria above, please email us or call us at 314-442-3755. We are here to help, and we may be able to make exceptions to certain requirements.